The Vier Türme (four towers) are an ensemble of four historic buildings in the Koblenz old town at the crossing of Am Plan - Löhrstraße - Altengraben - Marktstraße.
The four houses with artistic oriel towers were built in 1608 and were restored with their bay windows between 1689 and 1692 after their destruction in 1688.
A passage was built in the corner of the “Zum grünen Baum” (“by the green tree”) house in 1950. It helped the pedestrians avoid the tram when it turned the corner there from 1899-1967.
The “Zum heiligen Petrus” (“To Saint Peter”) house was home to a pharmacy from 1730 until the 2000s.
The house with the flowers and cherubs on the bay window was the only one to escape the bombing of the Second World War unscathed.
On the fourth building, the “Hauptwache” (“main police station”), the cannons, flags, muskets and horns are reminders of the Electorate of Trier soldiers who conducted their policing duties from here. The building was home to the main police station until 1848.