Built in the neo-romantic style from 1902 to 1906, the building was the seat of the former Prussian government for the Koblenz Rhine province region and the main control office.
Kaiser Wilhelm II personally made changes to the plans for the towers and roofs in order to make a connection to the Staufer period. The result was a 158-metre long Wilhelmine neo-romantic style complex with two internal courtyards with side wings, which even today characterises the image of the Rhine front.
The four-floored main front on the banks with its massive, gable-throned central pavilion looks like a castle because of its large corner towers and the tufa cladding on the facade. Inside, there are monumental staircases with vaulted halls and outstanding stonemasonry.
Today, the former Prussian government building is home to the Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support (BAAINBw). The Koblenz High Regional Court has been housed in the southern part since 1993.